Childhood is the time when the good habits in every aspect develop. The good eating habits also need to be developed in the childhood only just because this is going to build the base on which the kid is going to build the structure for the future. If good food that is going to build a powerful brain in the child, is given in the starting years only, then there would be very less possibility of failing in the future years. There are many foods that help in developing different parts of the body. The vital part of our body is the brain. So, the foods those help develop the brain are most important for the kids in their growing years.
Studies have proved that a child’s academic performance also depends on the type of food he/she takes in their growing years. Here are mentioned few goof foods that help in the development of the brain power in children.
- Eggs: One of the most vital food products that improve the brain power is the Egg. Several studies have concluded that the nutrients and protein contents in eggs helps the school going children to concentrate and focus on their studies more than any other food.
- Leafy Greens: It is always heard from elders and even doctors say to increase the intake of leafy vegetable and green leaves. Green leafy veggies like Kale and spinach have folate and antioxidants in it that help in the perfect growth and ultimate development of the brain cells in a growing child.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is such a thing that has multi-function in human body. It is good for your gut at the same time it adds development of the brain functioning. The protein content of the yogurt aids the brain functions of sharing and accessing of information.
- Nuts & Seeds: Nuts and seeds are equally healthy for the growing and developing brain in the kids. These small food products are highly rich in minerals, vitamins, fatty acids and proteins. These essential nutrients are highly beneficial for the nervous system and improving moods in children.
- Fish: Chuck those ideas of veg eating habits. A fish platter for your kid can improve brain functionality. The omega 3 fatty acids present highly in fishes actually prevent the memory loss and support the brain to function better.
- Apples: The most popular name among fruits, Apples are highly helpful in brain functioning in kids. The presence of important compounds in apples prevents your kid from cognitive decline and a snack of few apple slices would be a great idea to help your kid improve her brain capacity.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal, which is a new inclusion to the healthy food group, is highly nutritious to the kid’s brain and heart as well. The high protein and fibre content of the oatmeal is highly beneficial to retain memorizing capacity of the brain in the child.